Amazing news! I have been shortlisted for the National Innovation in Training Awards (NITAs) in the Training Professional Of The Year category. This is the first time I have ever entered anything like this and I am chuffed to bits to be a finalist.
The NITAs are highlighting the individuals and businesses in the hospitality sector who are putting people first and is part of the BII’s ongoing pledge to raise industry standards and share best practice in training and people management.
The NITAs will take place on November 21st this year at London’s prestigious Café de Paris, preceded by the sector’s first ever People & Training Conference at Bafta in Piccadilly.
The NITA awards will recognise excellence in the following categories:
- Training Licensee/Manager of the Year; Sponsored by Wadworth
- Training Professional of the Year; Sponsored by Star Pubs and Bars
- Training Provider of the Year; Sponsored by Greene King
- Best Company for Training (under 30 sites); Sponsored by Admiral Taverns
- Best Company for Training (over 30 sites); Sponsored by CPL Training
- Best Licensee Development Programme (Tenanted & Leased)
- The Franca Knowles Lifetime Achievement Award; Sponsored by SKY
To be a NITA finalist in my first full year as a limited company is totally brilliant; this recognition is the icing on the cake. I am up against some tough competition but I will enjoy every second of the occasion. I won’t lie, I would love to win but I am practising my “loser face”, just in case.
A massive thanks to the BII, Propel and the judging panel for allowing me to submit my final presentation remotely (we were on our belated honeymoon in Hawaii for the final interviews); looking forward to seeing you all again on Monday.
Props to my PLN and, specifically, Phil Willcox for support and inspiration – as always, you rock!
Good luck to all the finalists; you are all doing awesome people stuff and I’m delighted to be amongst you.
Wish me luck!